5.26.2009

Reality TV has outdone itself



I don't know how this gem of a show slipped by me, but I am ashamed of myself. But perhaps I should be even more ashamed of the fact that I spent three straight hours of my life watching this trash yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed it. Rehab: Party at the Hard Rock Hotel airs on truTV and follows the behind the scenes action of the Sunday "Rehab" party at this Vegas mega-pool. And by action I obvi mean Guidos and white trash from around the world getting wasted and rubbing up on each other in gold lame' bikinis. Mix that in with the staff drama including the ever-challenging life of a cocktail waitress, security guards who like to yell, drunk people being rushed to the hospital, and a seemingly-normal manager who must secretly question how his life has come to this, and you have the recipe for the perfect reality show. This is a new low in media and I am proud of this show's creators for giving television viewers what we really want. Which is: sluts. Lots of them.

No comments: