5.12.2009

Don't judge, these are FIERCE!

This weekend I was in the glorious place that is Atlantic City and between being a baller at the blackjack tables and penny slots with the old ladies, I made it over to the semi-new The Walk outlet shops. Overall impressive, but the gem find of the excursion was a pair of BCBG jelly gladiator sandals. Yes, jellies, as in the gummy plastic shoes from the early 90's which also made a resurgence in the late 90's in a platform version. Well they're back like Backstreet bitches, and they're fierce! Nary did I think that legit designers would actually manufacture jellies, and I must admit that I chuckled a bit as I strutted around the BCBG store trying on my rose-colored pair. Perhaps I'm looking at this whole experience through rose-colored glasses. There must be a reason that these came out last summer and have now made their way in large quantities to the outlet stores for $9 a pair (originally only $28), but I don't care because they're my jellies and I love them.

And if you have a problem, take it up with Max.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Are they comfy? I have this memory of being a little kid and having jellies cut into my feet and I'm afraid. But yeah, they look hot so maybe it's worth it.

Megan Kustra said...

I haven't worn them for more than a few minutes yet so it leaves to be seen, but I'm hoping for the best because I love them.