4.14.2009

Live Blogging: American Idol

8:00pm - Quentin Tarantino is joining us this week as the Idols sing songs from the movies. And Ryan actually let him say the "This.....................is American Idol" line. But the pause was much shorter than Ryan gives. Five bucks says someone sings "I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing" tonight.

8:03pm - They acknowledged the fact that they ranneth over time last week and that they are no longer capable of producing a well-run show. Apparently there's too much talk time. That's what happens when you add a fourth judge!! I blame Kara...for everything bad in life.

8:06pm - This is quickly turning into an infomercial for Quentin Tarantino. Because THAT'S what I tuned in to see.

8:07pm - So called it with the Aerosmith song choice. Thanks, Allison. Now give me my money bitches!

8:11pm - Yes the girl can sing and pretty much turned it out tonight, but Hot Topic outfits and awkward leg movements do not make a star.

8:16pm - Can someone remind me where QT (ha) earned the right to coach people in their singing? And why Anoop Dog decided it was appropriator to cut the sleeves off of a perfectly good blazer and wear it over a button down with a tie and call it a performance outfit? I think I preferred the days when he was wearing hoodies and singing Usher to this adult contemporary Bryan Adams crap.

8:21pm - The god of emo eyeliner got a haircut. Don't worry, he of course is still rocking a man bang. Take it as you will.

8:23pm - I have no idea what fierceness I just witnessed, but it's official that Adam Lambert does a smoky eye better than I do and can do no wrong performance wise. Let alone the fact that homeboy hit notes that do not exist during "Born to Be Wild". I also saw a lot of his crotch in his stage-slides. Nice.

8:31pm - Ugly Justin is trying to seduce me with this "Have You Every Really Loved A Woman" business telling me that I'm special and I'm the one and a bunch of other lies. Okay, it's kinda working.

8:33pm - ...until he hit some godawful high note and ruined it. You almost had me there, Giraud!

8:41pm - Danny Gokey has eyes under those glasses? Put them back on, you're losing your swagga. Loved him at the beginning, but he's really starting to bore me and the screaming is getting old.

8:50pm - I have no idea what Kris Allen is singing or if he's even singing words at all. All indulgent mumbling and whispering sweet musical nothings. Just take it off already!

8:58pm - Lil Rounds: Terrible bangs/hair extensions, boring and shaky performance. This girl is simply not as good as she originally lead us to believe.

9:00pm - And we're over time again. Even silencing the judges half the time didn't work out for them. Who's floor managing and directing the timing of this crap? Are we even professionals here? Is this a major network? My homies and former colleagues at Pirate Televizzle at Seton Hall University did a better job at television. Inexcusable.

9:01pm - However, watching Simon putting Lil in her mediocre place and watching Lil fight back was almost worth Fox's bad job at making television.

9:03pm - Put simply bottom 3: Lil, Man Candy Kris, and Anoop Dog. Bye bye Lil. Twas good knowing you while we still thought you had a lil somethin somethin of talent in ya.

No comments: