4.14.2009

Attempt at Foodie-ism

Now let it be known that I'm not a foodie. I love food...a lot...but my pallet is very unrefined as I consider street-meat and Wendy's Baconators to be delicacies. But a co-worker jokingly suggested I write about this and I have nothing better to write about today, so I figured I'd try to expand my horizons and become a food blogger for a day:

Gristedes boxes "Macaroni and Cheese Dinner" is far superior to Kraft. Where else can you get an entire "dinner" (their words, not mine) for 79 cents? Nothing is priced in cents anymore, there's not even a key for it on my computer keyboard! The Kraft version of the exact same product sells for almost $2. All you gots ta do is boil the macaronis, and mix in powdered cheese, butter, and milk. Though admittedly, finding the perfect amounts of ingredients is tricky and if you use the measurements on the box you will become a fatass. Find the right balance and you have a damn good meal, way better than Kraft. Let's be real though, we're comparing to the basic Kraft blue box. Nothing can hold a candle to Kraft spirals or the Blues Clues shaped ones.

Hope that helped to fight your recession-orexia.

No comments: