4.14.2009

Good musics, unfortunately chosen song title

A few months ago it was announced that my all time #1 crush Taylor Hanson and a few other people who used to be in successful bands (James Iha of The Smashing Pumpkins, Adam Schlesinger of Fountains of Wayne, and Bun E. Carlos of Cheap Trick) got bored and formed an "all-star" band. Well, I thought they were joking. I even wrote it in my dairy "Taylor made a very funny joke today..." I thought this would turn out like when VH1 tried to make the "Man Band" on reality tv two years ago with old fat guys who used to be in boybands. (Never heard anything about it? Exactly) But Taylor Hanson's band Tinted Windows are apparently taking themselves very seriously. They did a bunch of interviews and networking at South X Southwest this year (which lead to Hanson's big break 14 YEARS AGO!!), are doing several tv appearances in the next few weeks, and have an album coming out in actual stores on April 21. Well recently they've been debuting a few songs over the internets with a series of videos and interviews. Let's take a look together at their first single "Kind of a Girl":

Tinted Windows "Kind of a Girl"


Is this for reals? It looks like they're performing on some cheesy low budget Euro-pop music show in the 1970's. The flashing colored lights and fade on the split screen are weirding me out. I really hope this is a planned "concept" because if this is a real television show and this host and graphics are serious, I have no hope left for the world.

That being said, the music is good. Very old school poprock. Very "That Thing You Do". But would I have the heart to turn my back on my TayTay and even admit if the music was bad? Probs not.

No comments: