9.03.2009

RIP, El Chupa



Unfortunately Michael K at dlisted beat me to the Rachel Zoe joke, but I wouldn't have made one anyway because I LOVES her.

The Chupacabra is fondly known as the "Mexican Goat Sucker" and believed to be a mythical creature who preys on farm animals. Well mythical no more, bitches, I always knew homeboy was real! The Chupa(s) are described in real-life sightings as large dog-rodents with fangs, leathery skin, and sometimes spikes on their backs. I was first introduced to the Chupa in 12th grade AP Physics class, and it has since become a running joke amongst many groups of my friends. In junior year of college (circa 2006) I spent a glorious afternoon with an ex-friend watching el Chupa star in a great movie on the Sci-Fi Channel, Chupacabra: Dark Seas. In this MASTERPIECE, our goat-sucking friend (who is portrayed in a much larger, more monstrous form) somehow gets aboard a cruise ship and starts attacking all the passengers. We nicknamed it Chupacabra: Semester at Sea. Finally during a 2008 camping trip in P-Town, my friend Kelly and I were pretty sure it was going to attack us even though we were thousands of miles away from its home.

So this week el Chupa made a dumb move and decided to get himself poisoned, but this does not mean the end of him. Clearly there are more than one of these lil guys running around Texas and Mexico and probably even your backyard. It's 11am, do you know where your goats are?

Video from cnn.com

No comments: