9.28.2009

Loves it! How could anyone not? Haters...

230 Fifth
Flatiron District
230 Fifth Avenue (b/w 26th and 27th Streets)
New York, NY 10001
212-725-4300
www.230-fifth.com

230 Fifth is honestly one of my favorite bars in New York, the only reason I can't give it a perfect score is because of the slightly overpriced drinks (trust me, I've seen much worse). But now onto the great parts, most notably the view. 230 Fifth is an upscale bi-level lounge inhabiting the enclosed 20th floor and beautiful open-air rooftop garden of the address. Being mere blocks from the Empire State Building, this amounts to 230 Fifth offering by far the best view of any rooftop bar that I've come across in Manhattan. The music and decor are sexy and trendy, and despite some contradictory reports I've never seen anyone have a problem making it past the door (for the most part, the line is simply waiting for an elevator). The crowd at 230 Fifth is varied in personal style, age AND ethnicity, and for the most part very charismatic and social. Worried that it's officially fall and you're going to freeze your ass off in the name of trendy rooftop socializing? 230 Fifth makes very stylish red fleece hooded robes available to patrons, at which I am shocked at how many New Yorkers actually willingly wear. Well, I guess it beats a Snuggie.
Rating: 4.5 stars

No comments: