8.31.2009

I love college, and I love drinking...

Off The Wagon
West Village
109 MacDougal Street (b/w 3rd and Bleecker Streets)
New York, NY 10012
212-533-4487
www.nycbestbar.com (with its brother and sister bars)

If this is what a "college bar" is, then I don't think I ever want to grow up. On a recent trip here, I had one of my most fun nights in awhile and encountered some fun and interesting people. Off The Wagon draws a huge crowd of NYU students, so at 24 I very well may have been one of the oldest people on either of their two floors. But to be honest I'm sick of having to act my age, so I let loose and had the best time singing Fall Out Boy at the top of my lungs and dominating at beer pong! Well, my girlfriends dominated, I flirted with the opponents or "played defense" as I like to call it. The main appeal of Off The Wagon is the cheap drink specials and big screen TVs broadcasting all the sports you can handle (and the pong!)...but if for some reason you're not into getting drunk on the cheap from multiple pitchers of beer there's also fun music and a DJ who actually takes requests, and I'm sure you'll be able to find a cute (but barely-legal) frat boy to dance with. You don't need to know (or care about) his age, and by all means forget about your own age for one night and enjoy Off The Wagon for its pure simplistic debauchery!
Rating: 4 stars

No comments: