9.11.2009

Fashion Week Diaries: Day 2

Cynthia Steffe show at The Tents. I must confess that I'm actually not as fabulous as I sometimes try to make myself out to be, and today I was reminded of that as I got my seat assignment for standing room. Blah to the ego, plus it's even more torture on the feet. I managed to get an upgrade to fourth row eventually, but it still hurt. Sitting front row were singer Ciara and Jillian Harris from The Bachelorette. No Ed in sight, but I'm happy to report that she was wearing her butt ugly engagement ring. I'm also happy to report that she is pretty! So some people need to stop the hating, Joel McHale, maybe sometimes homegirl just doesn't photograph well.

The clothes at Cynthia Steffe were amazing, very fun, flirty, and feminine. Lots of rompers which I love, and a decent portion of the looks were in pastel colors or featured this pastel abstract floral print that matched the paper that the invitations were printed on...loves it! The collection also included a section of glittery metallic looks including a to die for silver glittery fringed mini-skirt that would probably be TMTH for most people but I'm completely obsessed with.

I try not to focus too much on sad things, but I'd like to take a moment to say how breathtaking last night's WTC symbolic light beam display was. I live literally a block away from where the light beams originate (which is actually 3 blocks from Ground Zero) and had to stop in my tracks on my way home to appreciate their beauty. Yes I felt slightly awkward standing in the middle of the street staring, but I think too often New Yorkers don't take the time to stop and smell the roses.

No comments: