9.16.2009

Fashion Week Diaries: Day 6

My fashion week activities wrapped last night with the G-Star Raw spring 2010 runway show at the Hammerstein Ballroom. G-Star are known for their fresh take on denim and unique silhouettes, and this season's collection lived up to their innovative reputation with several harem pant-esque jeans with low crotches, baggy thighs, and tapered bottoms. I'd be hesitant to wear them myself, but if you have the right body they're such a hip and eye-catching piece. The bold prints on the men's and women's collections (especially the fishies!) were also quirky and such a fun touch. The look I'm completely obsessed with is the underlying 1940's pinup feel of the many blue and white shirt dresses, and especially the bathing suit cut, leg bearing one-pieces. If I could get away with wearing this on a daily basis I so would because it's just plain fun, sexy and "cheeky".

One thing I love about G-Star's live presentations is that they're not just fashion shows, they're complete theatrical presentations. And if the dazzling lights, music and creative runway layout aren't enough to impress then the star-power in the front row certainly will. Lindsay Lohan, Christian Siriano, Miss J, Tyson Beckford, Kat von D, Kara DioGuardi, Jared Leto, Corbin Bleu, Damien Fahey, Matthew Settle, and Taylor Momsen were all in attendance. However, I must say that if Taylor M thought she was being "inconspicuous" or whatever entering in her full-length trench coat and big, dark sunglasses, homegirl seriously needs a reality check. xoxo, Little J.

No comments: