8.26.2009

Megan Wants a...Murderer?

Not me, sillies, Megan Hauserman! (though my co-workers say I look like her...which is a compliment, I think? I'll take it) Allegedly, Ryan Jenkins who was a contestant and alleged finalist on Megan Wants a Millionaire brutally murdered his model ex-wife, stuffed her body in a suitcase, and then hung himself in a Canadian hotel room. Allegedly. Ryan's ex-wife Jasmine Fiore, who unfathomably looks more plastic than Megan, married Ryan in Las Vegas very shortly after meeting him. They divorced 2 months later but were allegedly dating again at the time of the murder. This all took place in the 6 months that have passed since Millionaire wrapped.

When this story started to break about a week ago, I couldn't decide if it was getting so much press because it was legitimately newsworthy, or if it was newsworthy because it involved a "reality star" and a "model". If it was the latter, I feel sad that as a nation we actually consider these people notable celebrities. Is it morbid of me to say that I feel like murders like this happen all the time in local news and it's a bit silly to make such a big deal of this one?

Aside from the whole murder thing, there are so many sad things that this scandal has caused:
-No more Megan Wants a Millionaire. Cancelled. Dunzo. We will never know who won, though rumors say it was TJ (who? idk).
-The completed but unseen third season of I Love Money will remain...unseen. Allegedly (word of the day) Ryan won this hot mess. It also makes me sad to think about all the tools from Millionaire and Daisy of Love who would have been participating in this freak show and all the great footage that must have been filmed that we will never get to rot our minds by watching. VH1 must be scratching their heads in frustration and anger over this loss of programming. Total waste of...well, money.
-I actually thought Ryan was a good catch and predicted him to win Megan Wants a Millionaire. This means I lost the pool, and makes me seriously question my ability to pick the right men. But I guess that's not new news.

No comments: