8.14.2009

Fall accessory roundup!

I've been pretty damn broke with this whole recession thing goin on so I've had to severely cut back on my shopping *cue the violins*. I can't really afford clothes anymore, but somehow I justified the purchase of a slew of cheap, gaudy, over the top accessories to fill my emotional void. Plus I found that the accessories out there (particularly at Forever) are having a really creative moment and I'm loving it:

Satin bow bobbie pins ($1.50 for a set of 2). I haven't quite figured out how to wear these yet, but they were too cute and cheap to pass up so I went with the most neutral color in the navy. They're kinda channeling Blair Waldorf, though I suspect they're going to shake up her fashion this season.


Rhinestone bow ring ($3.80). So cute it's totes sold out on the website. Just looking at the bling on this one makes me smile and almost forget we're in a recession. Or maybe I'm just having a moment with bows?



Sequin breast plate necklace ($6.80). I really think these are going to be a huge trend this fall, plus who can resist the shiny? Wear it over a plain black tee and keep everything simple. Unfortunately does need constantly adjusted throughout the day.


Plaid cats-eye sunglasses ($5.80). These are so impractical because they're pretty tack-a-rific and clash with 90% of outfits...but I couldn't resist, they made me smile. I feel like a faux hipster when I wear them (which admittedly has been once, the day I bought them), and they totally remind me of Katy Perry who I'm actually liking at the moment.

No comments: