7.01.2009

PC, I feel for ya

NYC Prep (aka The Real Gossip Girls of New York) has been on Bravo for about two weeks now and in general is a quality reality show combining just the right amount of trainwreck and legitimate study of a specific sub-culture. We're talkin Emmy worthy shit right here. Well part of last night's episode struck a lil too close to home and got me thinking...



Go to near the end of this clip, or just watch the whole thing for the fifth time like I did. PC (whom I consider to be by far the most interesting cast member on the show) gets stood up on a blind date. Last night I was also scheduled to have a date with a guy I really didn't know who neglected to call me to make final arrangements. Not as bas as being stood up but still felt really awesome. PC makes a comment that it sucks to put yourself out there and try something slightly out of your comfort zone, only for it to blow up in your face. Which is basically how I feel about dating at the moment. It effin sucks to go through a dating dry spell, try really hard to make yourself open and meet people in every way possible, and then finally get a date that ends up not happening due to the inconsiderate nature of another person. It makes you feel un-dateable and like nothing good will ever come to you. Even if you didn't get your hopes up or put that much stock into the date, it's a really big let down and a slap in the face.


So I feel for PC, I feel for myself, and I feel for everyone out there who has been single for a long ass time, not you bitches who just got out of relationships and are loooooooving being single. It's only fun for so long, and you're just going to turn around and get into another relationship in four months anyway while those of us like PC and I will probably still be all alone. This whole dating thing can so suck it, and leave it to NYC Prep to show us a glimmer into the perils of being single and effin lonely.

No comments: