8.23.2010

Celeb sightings: Reality star edition

Spotted: Project Runway season 4 alum Kevin Christiana at the Barrow Street Ale House in the West Village last Thursday. He still looks exactly the same as he did on ProRun back in 2007 is easily recognizable with his signature facial hair. None the less, my gentlemen companion asked how the hell I recognized him, and sadly I had to admit it's because I watch way too much television.

Spotted: Current Top Chef contestant Ed Cotton at the bar of the Smyth Hotel in Tribeca, where he is the executive chef of their Plein Sud restaurant. Friday night I was pre-gaming with some friends who were hotel guests, and in walks a familiar looking man in a chef coat. After having a total omg moment, we went over and talked to him for about 20 minutes. He could not have been cooler! He's still with the girl he was dating during the show, and he has been with Plein Sud since they opened almost 6 months ago (with a slight break to do a lil TV show on Bravo, you may have heard of it...) Apparently there's still no proof about what happened during Pea-Puree-Gate 2010, although to me the case seems pretty obvious and totally rules in Ed's favor. As of press time Ed is one of the final 6 contestants on the show, and I think he has a great shot at the title. Team Ed!

No comments: