8.30.2010

Who WASN'T in the Emmy's opening number?

The opening number of last night's Primetime Emmy Awards was pretty awesome and pretty much all anyone is talking about this morning. Host Jimmy Fallon brought together an all-star, if not somewhat random, group of celebrities to perform in a Glee inspired skit and performance of "Born to Run". Jimmy helps four of the actual Glee clubbers form a group to peform in a competition in order to win $1205, the amount they need to pay for their tickets to the Emmy's (plus $5). Amazing cameos by Tina Fey, Tim Gunn (wish he would have sang), and especially hotness Joel McHale! Kate Gosselin randomly appears too and I almost didn't recognize her in the 20 pounds of makeup and glitter she was wearing, but then lol-ed when I finally did. Sad to say I'm pretty much over this whole Betty White obsession, but if homegirl would have actually gotten on stage and performed I probably would have excused this. Age is no excuse, look at Liza. But who the eff was that other random brunette chick who looks like a cheap version of Lea Michelle? I spent most of the night thinking it was Emmanuelle Chriqui from Entourage, and then this morning researched and researched and researched until finally someone confirmed that it was Nina Dobrev from The Vampire Diaries. Seriously, Jimmy? You couldn't even get the sister from Twilight or something? I guess I can excuse one total Z-lister though because this performance rocked my life.

No comments: