10.27.2009

It's WAR bitches!

The following is an actual email...the people and events you are about to read about are real.


Attn: Costume Mates, Inc. by Peter Alan

To whom it may concern:

I am deeply disappointed in my purchase of your "adult sized" longsleeve bodysuit (http://www.peter-alan.com/catalog.php?item=1700&catid=Bodywear). I recently purchased this item in black in a size Large for $15 at Halloween Adventure in Manhattan, though somewhat reluctantly after not being allowed to try it on or even view an out-of-package model. I chose your product because it was the only costume bodysuit I could find with a solid, non-snapping crotch, but when I returned home to try on the bodysuit I found that it was made so poorly that I could not even get it on! The overall size seemed sufficient (though certainly not a women's 12-14 as it claims on the package). But as I tried to step into the bodysuit the legholes were so small that they cut off circulation, and I could not get my hips through the neckhole (the only possible means of getting it on because of no zipper or other fastening enclosure). I am a size 6 with skinny legs!! According to your sizing chart I should fit into a Small, two sizes below what I purchased and could not even get onto my body. I expected the product to run small, but never did I expect it to be completely unwearable and a waste of $15. The Halloween Adventure store does not allow returns or exchanges of any kind, so I am now stuck with an unusable piece of fabric and still must spend additional money on a replacement. In the future please take your sizing and shaping practices into consideration, as I know I will be taking this experience (negatively) into consideration before even thinking about purchasing any of your products or allowing any of my friends to do so.

Disappointed,
Megan K

No comments: