10.12.2009

Get the blues

I get bored easily with traditional nail colors (as showcased by spending most of the summer with neon yellow nails). Well, I've found my new obsession for fall in the form of blue nails, more specifically a very dark navy, or "Indigo" as is the official name of my current shade. Forever 21 has recently been stepping up their beauty game, and I came across this amazing nailpolish there from LA Girl Flare (only $2.80!). Photos do not do this color justice. I rocked it during Fashion Week and got tons of compliments from fashionistas and guys alike...no easy feat for a nail color (or anything) to be both guy-hot and girl-hot. This shade could go really wrong really fast so a few tips for blue nails:
  • Pick a dark shade with just enough blue so that it doesn't look black.
  • Find a shade you like and take it to your manicurist, non-traditional colors need a perfect manicure to work. In other words: don't try this at home, kids.
  • Use a glossy top coat and a matte polish. NO METALLICS OR GLITTER!
  • Keep the nails medium length. Too short looks childish, too long looks vampy.
  • At the first sign of chipping...abort mission. Time to get out the polish remover.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd just like to let you know that I think you are by far one of the most obnoxious personalities on Cosmo radio, tied with Diana. The Reality Recap is annoying as hell. You're not clever and it's not cute the way you shorten words and use netspeak. I think you sound like an ass.

Anonymous said...

I disagree. I think she's tots brills!!

Alexander said...

I think you're all kinds of wonderful, darling. And how delightful to have enemies! One must to have made it, you know. I wish I were known enough to have obscure little jerks snipe at me from the internets.