3.16.2011

American Idol makes me feel old

As they sung songs from the year they were born, we learned that no American Idol contestant was born before 1984. Thus, I am as old or way older than every contestant. Thus, I am getting pretty damn old. So I voted for the girl who is exactly 10 years younger than me, almost to the day. She's pretty awesome.
One cool thing that American Idol is doing this year is utilizing online voting. Why they didn't use this fairly basic technology earlier idk (too easy?), but they have upped the game and the stalker factor by requiring you to be a Facebook member to vote. And then why not give you the option to automatically send a post to your wall telling all your friends who you voted for? You even get a cool little widget which tells all your 2,000 friends how they too can vote for an increasingly irrelevant talent competition and simultaneously overshare about it! Creepy, but smart promotion.

Actually, American Idol has drastically improved on their talent pool this year. I've begun to truly enjoy following it again. Just don't get me started on the judges...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Megan, I miss you so damn much from the Cosmolicious days...why aren't you on the air more? Are they ever going to have a similar show?

Megan Kustra said...

Thanks! I'm still doing the Reality ReCap (which I love obvi!)and Chic Cocktails. I think you'll like Victoria's new show Thursdays at 1pm East, it covers all the fashion and beauty news and tips realy extensively.