9.09.2010

Fashion Week Day 1: Farah Angsana

Only one show into Fashion Week Spring 2011 and I'm already dyyyying. Farah Angsana's collection was amazing and totally up my alley. Give me bling and metallics and I'm sold. The collection was inspired by Farah's home country of Indonesia, and the influence played just enough of a part to be obvious without hitting you over the head with ethnicticity (yes, I invented a word). The incorporation of Indonesian culture was mostly in the head pieces, ranging from small accent combs to gorgeous gold Indonesian crowns. Farah showed some of my favorite trends such as metallics, flirty ruffles, and of course rhinestones and other forms of bling. I loved the color combination of green and gold throughout the ending pieces, especially the final look of a long sleeved cocktail mini-dress with Swarovski crystal accents and a plunging neckline. The photograph does not do this dress justice, the whole audience literally gasped and broke into smiles when the model walked out. Among that audience were self-proclaimed fashionistas (okay, most of the world would probably agree) Alex McCord and Simon van Kempen of The Real Housewives of New York. I absolutely loved this show, it set the bar very high for what is to come over the next seven days. And judging by the quality of these pictures, maybe I should invest in a new camera to set my photography bar high as well...

No comments: