11.23.2009

When happens when Adam Lambert designs a mother-of-the-bride dress?

You get Kelly Clarkson's AMA performance outfit...

Other rando thoughts about last night's American Music Awards:
-People should not be allowed to be nominated for the same award in multiple genres (ex: Taylor Swift in Favorite Female Pop-Rock and Favorite Female Country). Creates too much of a monopoly, and then really who ARE you as a musician?

-On that note, Taylor Swift just shouldn't be allowed to win any more awards in general. Especially if that means beating Lady Gaga or Michael Jackson.

-Yet I don't agree with Michael Jackson being nominated at all in a year when he didn't release any new music. But I'll keep my mouth shut for fear of angry mobs coming after me.

-I'm a country fan and I don't even know who the eff Gloriana are (winners of the T-Mobile Breakthrough Artist Award). And again, anyone who beats Gaga for an award is not okay in my book. They good-naturedly acknowledged their obscurity in their acceptance speech though, so I appreciate the humor.

-Pretty sure SoShy and Nelly Furtado are the same person. Couldn't really tell them apart during Timbaland's performance.

-Lady Gaga and Adam Lambert killed it with their performances...obvi. I also really enjoyed JayZ/Alicia Keys, Whitney Houston and Carrie Underwood. Rihanna: totally overdid it.

-Apparently "bondage sex club" is an acceptable theme for an AMA performance these days. I'm okay with that, it was pretty hot. Honestly though, kinda surprised this one made it to television, ADAM LAMBERT.

No comments: