8.21.2012

Diet: Day 1

BREAKFAST--1/2 GRAPEFRUIT, 1 SLICE TOAST, 2 TBS. PEANUT BUTTER, COFFEE OR TEA
I usually don't eat breakfast so I'm looking at this meal as something to compensate for the light lunches in the system.  The toast with peanut butter was great, but I'm realizing that I don't actually like grapefruits very much despite their amazing smell.  They have a sour aftertaste, plus how the hell do you actually eat the things?  Fork?  Do you peel them?  Who knows. Conversely, I'm learning that I really do like tea.  Off to a good start for the day.

LUNCH--1/2 CUP TUNA, 1 SLICE TOAST, COFFEE OR TEA
Due to meetings at work, I didn't eat lunch until about 3pm (ideally would have been about 1:30 or 2pm).  I was doing okay with hunger though.  I had absolutely no problem with the assigned foods in this meal, but I had to eat so slowly just to convince myself that I was eating a fulfilling meal.  By the time I left the office three and a half hours later I was struggling.  And then tortured myself by walking past McDonalds, Red Lobster (who currently has Endless Shrimp), and numerous other tempting street food vendors.  At this point I want every food I see, am questioning how I'm going to get through these three days, and cannot wait to get home for dinner.

DINNER--2 SLICES ANY TYPE OF MEAT (ABOUT 3OZ), 1 CUP GREEN BEANS, 1/2 BANANA, 1 SMALL APPLE, 1 CUP VANILLA ICE CREAM
This was definitely a turnaround point.  For my meat, I chose sliced lunch meat turkey.  As I was preparing my meal, I immediately noticed that I was getting a lot more food than at lunch.  And I hadn't even scooped out the ice cream yet!  Dinner was satisfying and tasted great.  I don't eat a lot of fruit in my daily life, but found myself wondering why after thoroughly enjoying the apple and banana. (eeple and baneenee?) I'm not a big dessert person and was full enough to have easily skipped the ice cream, but in the interest of following the plan exactly as prescribed I forced it down my throat.  And it was good.

I then prepared the hard boiled eggs for tomorrow and the rest of the cycle (a new skill I Googled and taught myself), feeling good and confident about this process.

No comments: