6.17.2011

The Edge of Glory video...not so edgy



The (relatively) subdued music video for Lady Gaga's "The Edge of Glory" hit the web today, and I'm kinda underwhelmed. No Jesus biker gangs? No alien births? No prison lesbians making out? This video under any other name would be a pretty cool video, but we've come to expect such shock value from the Lady. Maybe the restraint is what makes it shocking? Either way, I still love this bitch.

Although, is anyone else getting major Rent vibes from this video? Even a touch of Brooklyn: The Musical?

1 comment:

Michael said...

Megan,

This is Rina Katchur's father Michael Katchur

This number is the best vocal performance and accompanying music by Lady Ga Ga to date!

I just saw the video featuring my favorite rock n roll saxophone player from the E Street Band, The "Big Man" Clarence Clemons. He was on his edge of glory when he recorded this for Lady Ga Ga for he passed away just last Saturday. In the video there were no eccentric props or costumes but just good music featuring a soulful sax sounds of my generation, and his swan song via Lady Ga Ga, for the next generation. Rina took me to see Bruce Springsteen in The Meadowlands before they tore down old Giants Stadium, and I believe Clarence wore the same cape. I see you work for Sirius and I am so proud of you and Rina for making it in the Big Apple. I think I remember you from WOAA Girls Softball. Good Luck on all you do!