1.11.2011

"Feathered" hair is back?

In the 70's it was "feathered" haircuts, in 2008/2009 it was headbands with feathers (which I bought and have not once found an occasion to wear), and apparently in 2011 the trend is adding feathers to your actual hair. Designer Wendy Nichol just launched a line of feather hair extensions, which are available for purchase and application at her SoHo boutique. The cost is only $45, which is surprisingly inexpensive considering the feathers are said to come from real birds. The feather extensions, which can be washed and blowdried, last for up to a month.

This is a bold yet classy look for a special occasion...if the extensions are blended well and the rest of your hair is neatly groomed. I can already see Ke$ha wearing these sticking straight out with her hair in a massive tangle, and that would be bad. I also really like the earthy boho look of wearing them with a hat as pictured. However, I don't know if I'd want to commit to the feather look for an entire month, nor if it is an approp look for the office anywhere outside of the fashion industry. A subtle clip in version of these with the same high quality as Wendy Nichol's semi-permanent line would be a beauty home run.

1 comment:

Tart & Feathered said...

Hi! I sell high quality feather hair extensions as well, and mine are more affordable. :) I offer crazy colors as well as neutral bundles that blend well with hair and may go over better in the workplace. I live and work in the NYC area, so I am available to install them for you! I can ship them to you as well, if you live elsewhere. I can also make the temporary "clip in" kind, if you just want to be feathered for a night out. :) Contact me for pricing & colors: tartandfeathered@gmail.com
Cheers!
~Amy