4.21.2010

Cervezas y peliculas y tacos...si por favor!

Cabrito
West Village
50 Carmine Street (b/w Bleecker & Bedford Streets)
New York, NY 10014
212-929-5050
www.cabritonyc.com

I know I rarely write about legitimate restaurants, but Cabrito has a bar, a really fun atmosphere, and stocks more varieties of tequila than my liver can even handle reading about. So it qualifies as a bar for this blog fo-sho. Plus I'm not much of a foodie, so what I really want to spotlight is the social atmosphere of Cabrito which is festive and kick ass. A group of girlfriends and I recently visited this Mexican restaurant for their Monday movie night special which is probs one of the best deals in Manhattan: $25 buys all you can drink Dos Equis beer, all you can eat tacos, and the viewing of a "classic" movie. (Def go for the special, Cabrito's regular menu is a bit pricey for Mexican, though I'm sure tasty). At Cabrito they're thankfully not partaking in film snobbery, we spent an enjoyable evening watching The Sandlot while making friends with other customers (by yelling across the bar), playing drinking games related to the movie and stuffing our face with tacos. Cabrito offers 7 varieties of gourmet tacos with the special, and my favorites were the Ensenada-style Fish, Al Pastor (pork with a pineapple flavoring), and Tinga de Pollo (chicken). Feeling adventurous? Try the Lengua y Tomatillo taco. That's a tongue-taco for the espaƱol challenged, although maybe I shouldn't have told you... To top it all off, there's a large pink goat over the entrance. What could be more fun than that?
Rating: 4.5 stars

No comments: